Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Daimler Armoured Car

Since I have been wargaming the campaign in North Africa since the early 1970's, I was very familiar with the Daimler armoured car, with the 2pdr guns. I used some model of it in miniatures games. I was thinking about British armoured cars, as the last part of Robert Crisp's book Brazen Chariot mentions them. I am still curious as to which type the Royal Dragoons used. The Wikipedia page for the Daimler armoured car says that the 11th Hussars had the type in service in North Africa. The catch is "on what date?" The Daimler armoured car (this is a Mk.II) has a very familiar look to military buffs:




I wondered if I had used an Airfix Daimler in gaming. It seems like I had used a CinC Microarmor Daimler, thirty years ago, but I don't see one on their site.

No comments:

Amazon Ad