Thursday, June 30, 2005

By mid-December 1940, the focus had shifted to Bardia

The RAF flew 150 sorties against Bardia from December 14th to 19th. In conjunction, Wellingtons from Malta operated against Italian airfields in Libya. They destroyed some 44 aircraft. The 16th Infantry Brigade moved up to the southern side of Bardia while the 16th Australian Brigade moved to the southwest side. The 7th Armoured Division moved to block any relief efforts from Tobruk. Meanwhile, supply depots were set up. One line was along the coastal road while another followed the line of the escarpment. The transport received reinforcements from captured Italian trucks. Meanwhile, Sollum fell to the British on Decmeber 16th. This was convenient because it provided a small seaport close to the front.

4 comments:

Google Page Rank 6 said...

Want more clicks to your Adsense Ads on your Blog?

Then you have to check out my blog. I have found a FREE and Legitimate way that will increase your earnings.

Come Check us out. How to Boost Your AdSense Revenue

Bill Adams said...

Veteran's Day is November 11th and I hope that EVERY American will be flying the flag in honor of our troops fighting in Iraq and around the world to preserve our freedoms!

I can even tell you where to get one for free! Visit AmericanFlags.com right now and they'll send you a FREE American Flag. These flags were $19.99, but now they are FREE. You pay just for shipping/handling and they'll ship one to your door. (Actually - I've ordered more than 20 from them to give to my neighbors, as gifts, etc!)

Get your free flag now: **FREE AMERICAN FLAG**

Semper Fi!

Bill Adams

all about news and such said...

I just came across your blog about aa route map and wanted to drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with the information you have posted here. I also have a web site about aa route map so I know what I'm talking about when I say your site is top-notch! Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here! If you get a chance, please stop by aa route map

Chuck Reynolds said...

I've Made My First Affiliate Commission!

See How I Did It Here - It's Quick And Easy!

forest product

Amazon Ad