Sunday, July 31, 2005

An incident at Martuba on January 24th, 1941

The force that included elements of the 6th Australian Divisional Cavalry arrived in the area around Martuba at about 4pm. Major Onslow was in command. Suddenly, an Italian CR42 Falco biplane fighter swooped out of the sky, and landed. The pilot was dazed and was immediately captured. The pilot had not realized that his enemy was so far to the west. His aircraft was given to No.3 Squadron RAAF. When Major Onslow's force moved further forward towards the coastal road, he encountered a 1/RTR sqsuadron and "a troop of field guns". They were attacking a blockhouse at Siret el Chreiba, blocking the path to the coastal road. Another airfield was just to the west. This is based on the account in To Benghazi.

6 comments:

jon said...

book day school are so expensive. I agree, We have been looking for book day school all night for a new book day school class but havent been able to track down used book day school that I can afford. Anyway, I enjoyed looking at you book day school blog...

jon

kalisekj said...

Cool Blog, I never really thought about it that way.

I have a Hurricane Katrina blog. It pretty much covers hurricane related stuff.

Thank you - and keep up the thoughts!

Quit Smoking said...

Hi, I was looking around some blogger blogs for some ideas to start my own on ebooks and you have given me some great ideas. Good blog. I will check it out every week. Thanks

Just Looking said...

Hi there " Jim " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)

Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word poster, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

LongDistanceConnector said...

Greatest Blog Post. Please visit this site on primus long distance phone
primus long distance phone

Amazon Ad